Monday, October 14, 2013

Preparing children for disasters is building a 'disaster resilient society'




On 13th October, as I went to chase the cyclone PHAILIN that was supposed to cross over the mighty Hirakud Dam's reservoir, Khushi, my ten year old daughter, said she would accompany me. She had thought a cyclone would be like a tornado as seen in Discovery channel. And, obviously was very much disappointed with just dark clouds, rains and mild winds. In fact, PHAILIN changed its path and later we realized it moved by the side of reservoir with a very less intensity. However, Khushi caught me up with lot of questions and has stirred up, innocently and unknowingly, a lot of thoughts in my mind over natural disasters. Are we really making our children educated about these disasters? Are we making them prepared? Are we not just involved in preparing them not to face disasters? Many more thoughts actually.... 

I realized, we need a child's innocence, an adult's quest and a community's action to build for us a 'disaster resilient world'....

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete